Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mozzarella Sticks

I made some mozzarella sticks... It was quite simple and straight forward... When I asked Mom if I could make it she said for me to describe it. When I to the last stage Mom said well that is so strange, I haven't heard of deep fried cheese, she also said that deep fried ice cream sounds strange also, she said that I will have to show her in the morning so that she can see it with her own eyes...

She said that no no no and then she said well you can make it as long as you do lots of schoolwork and I obeyed.I said that you have to cut the cheese in little sticks, then you have to mix up some flour and corn starch...

Beat up an egg with water, dip in bread crumbs, if you want a nice spice or taste, you can add Italian bread crumbs, I just used regular bread crumbs because that's what I had... I put my spices into the bread crumbs to make it nice and spicy...

I dipped my cheese into the flour and corn starch mixture then into the egg and water.... When it got to the egg mixture I just used some tongs because I don't like getting egg yokes or eggs on my hands.

I removed the cheese from the eggs and put them in my bread crumbs and I covered the cheese and placed them on a nice plate... When all my cheese were finished coated I put them in the fridge so its better to fry in oil and I had mine really hot so it only took like 20-30 seconds to be done...

You can tell when its finished by it golden brown and some cheese sticks, it is very normal if some cheese comes out.... I love this recipe :) I am going to make some again tonight that is if I do alot of schoolwork....






Ingredients (for 16 mozzarella sticks):

8-oz. package mozzarella cheese, cut into 16 equally-sized sticks
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 cup cornstarch
1 egg, well beaten
1/8 cup water
¾ cup Italian breadcrumbs
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
peanut oil for frying

In a shallow dish, mix 1/3 cup flour with 1/8 cup cornstarch, and set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat 1 egg, add 1/8 cup water, and set aside. In a shallow dish, mix ¾ cup Italian breadcrumbs with ¼ teaspoon garlic salt, and set aside. Coat each mozzarella stick, one at a time, by dipping it into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and then the breadcrumb mixture. Place on a plate and refrigerate for at least a half-hour. Heat about 1-inch of peanut oil in a heavy pot over medium heat until it reaches 330 to 350 degrees (F). Use tongs to dip coated, chilled mozzarella sticks into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 20 to 30 seconds. Remove immediately from hot oil and drain on a wire rack. When all of the mozzarella sticks are done, transfer them from the wire rack to a nice serving plate, and serve with a dip of your choice. Hot Wing Sauce, Ranch Dressing, Blue Cheese Dressing, or ketchup are all good dips to use with Super Bowl Mozzarella Sticks. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you!