Sunday, August 21, 2011

Camping

We went camping for the weekend over to Spirit River to see Megan since she was out that way tree planting. We stayed at the Nardam campground, it was really nice there... It was raining most of the time, but that didn't stop Tyrell and I for going swimming...

I was saying to Tyrell we should go and swim but he didn't take be seriously, he thought I was joking around until he saw me in my bathing suit:) We got outside and it was cold because it was still raining...

 I was told by my sister in-law that it is warmer swimming in the rain, so I thought that I was going to give it a try... it had a very nice dock out there so I ran onto the dock and dove into the water... The water was freezing but after awhile it gets nice and warm.

Tyrell put his feet into the water and said that he was not going in so he was on the dock looking at the tadpoles while I swam. later on Tyrell did a dive and went back up with his towels and stood on my towel getting in wet! I didn't realize that I was swimming with frogs,tadpoles,snails,shrimp,fish,Minos,beavers,ect.

 I was really cold when I got out, so I went inside and got changed into nice dry clothes, nothing better than being wet and cold and then being in nice dry clothes and not to mention having the blow dryer on full blast all through your wet hair:) I realized that I had to hang out my wet swim suit and towel somewhere...

 I had the greatest idea, why don't I hang out my swim suit and towel out on the tree... So out I went bare foot and all... I was standing out on a little mound of dirt BAREFOOT. I hung my wet clothing and then I looked down and realized that I was on a black ant farm so I stood there in shock and couldn't scream because most of the people were sleeping or watching a movie in the camp ground.

 I quickly dashed for the trailer and I closed the door and started to quietly scream so I did. Mom with a puzzled looked asked me what is the matter with me and so I just pointed at the feet and there were these little black ants crawling down my leg onto my feet onto the floor and so I had to kill them before they went somewhere we didn't know...

While we were swimming Tyrell and I found 3 beavers and so we were watching them swim and found their den... Unfortunately I do not have any pictures to show you because the other camera I was using is with Jesse up in the Yukon:( but I will download them as soon as I see that camera in sight! Knowing Jesse he might delete all the pictures... So I am hoping he isn't going to...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you!